Ms. Manley

This year I was part of the Data Inquiry Technology Team. As part of this team, we each took a different technology project that we worked on throughout the year and collaborated on how to demonstrate how it improved our students academic performance. We have seen how teamwork and dedication towards our smart goals set in the beginning of the year have made our planning more effective and engaging for the students. My technology project was called "The Math Media Project". In my project the students will be able to understand and demonstrate their knowledgeof specific math concepts such as geometry, by using digital media as a tool for presenting a final project  integrating content, vocabulary, and self-correcting quiz for each unit. In this project the students needed to create a powerpoint that incorporated digital photos, text, and a video. I paired up the students according to academic level and personality. Each pair was given a topic and had about three weeks to develop their project during morning work time. The required components of the project are listed in the following link:
Rubric For Math Media Project. found in the attachments below.
 
In the beginning of the school year I worked on my Smart Goals and what I wanted the students to accomplish by the end of the year.
 
 
I modeled for the students a Math Media project that I had put together on Perimeter to model my expectations for the project and review points from the rubric. I graded each partnership on their Oral Presentations as well. The rubric componenets are in the following link:
Rubric for Math Project's Oral Presentation found in the attachment below
 
I also gave the students a Math Unit Project Diagnostic to see what they knew before starting these projects. At the end of the year I gave them the same questions as a post assessment. The questions are compromised in the following link:
The Math Unit Project Diagnostic/Post Assessment found in the attachment below.
 
There were several findings I noted which correlated with my SMART goals. Rubrics, checklists, and teacher observations were utilized to arrive at my findings. My Findings for the project are comprised in the following link:
My findings Tech Project found in the attachment below.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ĉ
Maria Fico,
Jun 13, 2011, 1:02 PM
ĉ
Jamie Manley,
Jun 20, 2011, 1:34 PM
ĉ
Maria Fico,
Jun 13, 2011, 12:24 PM
ĉ
Maria Fico,
Jun 13, 2011, 12:50 PM
Comments